Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pregnant And Showing

Pregnant And Showing

Article by Kathleen Justing


Is it just my old fashioned ways, or is maternity clothing getting too revealing? I remember maternity clothing being designed to remove the emphasis from a protruding midriff. If you view the maternity clothing catalogues and maternity clothing magazines, you find clothing that does just the opposite. Popular maternity clothing seams to have gone to the extreme in making the statement that being pregnant is beautiful.

Being pregnant is a beautiful thing. The thing that I mention is the experience of being pregnant. Pregnant women are beautiful, but I would rather not look at their midriff area. My home interior is beautiful, but I do not put it in view for the whole world to see. A woman's face is the most beautiful part of her, so let us design maternity fashion clothing that showcases her face.

Demi Moore posed pregnant and nude for a magazine that I will not mention. Since then things have been going down hill. There has been a pregnant woman shown on television, who pulls up her sweatshirt showing her midriff, offering advertising placed there in exchange for super bowl tickets. Call me crazy, but I prefer a little modesty.

If you were to do a maternity clothing market research, I think that the majority of mothers to be would agree with me.

I suppose one should not be shocked by the design of maternity clothing. Once you take a look at other clothing designs for women, maternity clothing matches up pretty well.

If I were a judge in the fashion police courtroom, I would sentence a lot of offenders to wearing robes. You look at pictures of people portraying biblical times, and they all wear robes. They may not be fashionable, but at least they are not offensive. I think robes might be a good solution to the problem of offensive clothing. Hawaiian women have been wearing them for years, and they are beautiful.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Scrapur